Stitch Your Brain Exhibition at Gawthorpe Textiles Collection!

I didn't know much about Gawthorpe Hall and Textiles Collection until recently, but it has quickly found a place in my heart.

Not only am I an obsessive knitter and sewer, this little gem is close to my husband's home town of Burnley and I have been privileged to get to know them a bit better through my work as North West Craft Network co-ordinator.  The people there are full of delight and enthusiasm for their place in particular and its history, and textiles in general, and I hope all their textile dreams will be fulfilled in years to come.

I was so pleased when they decided to stage Monica Auch's brilliant 'Stitch Your Brain' project
http://www.gawthorpetextiles.org.uk/2016.

I have made a contribution to the exhibition which I'm calling Spoken / Unspoken. Some images are here.

The exhibition opens on 20 April and runs until June 26. More here.  Go and see it, honest, you'll fall in love.

Popular Posts